Boxhead - Studio visit & portfolio review

Posted: Monday 11 April 2011 | Posted by Adam Townend | Labels: , ,

I finally agreed a day to head down to the Boxhead studios. I took my portfolio with me with the intention of getting feedback from David. I was really happy with the feedback he gave me, but I wish I had updated my portfolio with some of the work I had been doing recently but I was tentative as some of the stuff is not finished. I took a couple of physical products too to show, which he was much more impressed with.

He also commented on the wide range of stuff I had in there despite my interest in solely typography driven stuff. I was quick to say that I consider the type and layout stuff to be the thing I am most interested in.

From the advice he gave me, he encouraged to try to get the physical pieces in there, and reprint a few things such as the football publication as the type had bled a little.

I am trying to think about the outcomes of my work and how it is presented to take it to the next level. I feel that I am getting better with that but the quality of print is still a little suspect to be considered for industry.

I must keep them updated with my current work when I complete it.

0 comments: