Chris Jackson Portfolio Review

Posted: Thursday 12 May 2011 | Posted by Adam Townend | Labels: ,

I was lucky enough to get a portfolio review with Chris Jackson today. He's very busy but seeing him is well worth the waiting. I showed him basically everything I was working on and my portfolio.

He was complimentary of my portfolio case and loved the fact I had something that was different to everyone else. Often students would show work digitally nowadays, but having the book of images and the samples of work there was effective. He felt I had some really strong pieces of work, particularly the type work for publications such as Arkitekt and Premier League review. He said my typography skills were impressive, but urged me to make sure that the detail is tight.

He gave me some advice on some of the briefs that weren't working as well as some other pieces. He also gave me some help with the briefs I was working on currently. I value his opinions really highly and I want to get my stuff upto scratch. I hope I can find the time to really nail the portfolio side of things in the next two weeks. Chris and Craig are the ones that have given me the best advice all year.

0 comments: